Buck 92.3 WMMI & My-1043 are partnering with Toys 4 Tots & the US Marine Corp. Reserves again this year to help put the smiles on the faces of children for Christmas.
If you’d like to help out, full details from Toys 4 Tots of Isabella Co is listed below:
- DISTRIBUTION WILL BE AT THE YOUTH FOR CHRIST BUILDING IN MT. PLEASANT (THE OLD COKE BUILDING) AT 1200 W HIGH ST, MT. PLEASANT MI, 48858!!!!Online Registration will open on Monday, November 1st, 2021 & run thru Saturday, December 11th, 2021.Distribution will be Wednesday, December 15th, 2021 – Saturday, December 18th, 2021. Distribution will be by appointment ONLY again this year (You must have an appointment to receive toys)To keep up to date on changes it is VERY important that you follow our website (https://mt-pleasant-mi.toysfortots.org/)& FaceBook page (https://www.facebook.com/Central-Michigan-Area-Toys-for-Tots-Isabella-County-Clare-Counties-MI-176107242407956/) for announcements.
- You MUST register online & receive an appointment to be able to shop for your children’s toys. Appointments will be 45 minutes long from registration to completing your shopping. If you are unable to set up an appointment or you would prefer not to come inside, we will have a drive thru option. You will still need to register & bring all of your documentation, but you will not enter the shopping area. You will return to your car once everything is verified at the drive thru desk, a volunteer will shop for your children, your toys will be bagged & delivered to your car.
- There will be multiple distribution days in order to accommodate appointments for all of our families. We will have over 1,200 appointments spread over 4 days. There will be multiple appointments every 15 minutes. There are a limited number of appointments for each slot so if the time you would like is not an option it is because that slot if full & you will need to choose another appointment time. Drive thru can be done at any time during the below times:
- Wednesday, December 15th, 2020 from 9 am – 7 pm
- Thursday, December 15th, 2020 from 9 am – 7 pm
- Friday, December 17th, 2020 from 9 am – 7p m
- Saturday, December 18th, 2020 from 9 am – 7 pm
- You are still only allowed to shop ONCE for your children. You cannot set up an appointment and do drive thru.
- Only one person will be allowed in the building per family. Each Family needs to be registered and have their own appointment set up. No children will be allowed this year. This is to ensure that we stay within the building capacity rules.
- A mask must be worn to enter the building. This is private property and their policy. You have the choice to not wear a mask, however, if you choose to not wear a mask you will also choose to utilize our drive thru option even if you have a scheduled appointment.
If you have any questions concerning the program, how you can help, or how you can get help, please email Isabella.Clare.MI@toysfortots.org.
- LIST OF EVENTS SO FAR:
o Nov 28th – Gate Village event in Clare – Marine & Santa
o Dec 2nd – Shepherd Holly Jolly Parade
o Dec 4th – Jays Event – Silent Auction & Bake Sale
o Dec 4th & 5th – DNR stuff a truck @ Jays
o Dec 13th – Occupy YFC & trailer drop
o Dec 14th – Noon Law Enforcement Challenge (Support your favorite law enforcement agency in there challenge to collect the most toys by dropping off a toy or donation from now until Dec 13th to add to their count)
o Dec 15th – 18th – Distribution